STOPit Student Hotline
School Reporting and Response Guidelines
Carroll ISD is committed to ensuring a safe learning environment. Implementing programs that address the emotional and physical well being for all of our students, making personal connections with each student, and providing an anonymous system for reporting potentially dangerous situations are some of the ways we can accomplish this goal. We are pleased to announce that STOPit is now a part of our anonymous reporting efforts.
STOPit is designed to help students, parents and community members anonymously report concerns in our school community. Information about self harm, suicidal thoughts, bullying, harassment, drugs, violence, weapons, theft, or any other potential threat to school safety should be reported.
Anyone in the CSHS community can make a report, including students, staff, and parents. To ensure that we can respond to threats in a timely way, we request that all reports be made as soon as possible.
Campus administrators and counselors, will be responsible for receiving reports from STOPit. Upon receiving an anonymous report, they may take interim measures to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all parties pending the findings of the investigation.
Remember that STOPit is NOT an emergency reporting system. If you need to report an emergency, please immediately dial 911. Also, please note that while all reports made through STOPit will be answered as expeditiously as possible, there may be a response delay for reports received outside of school hours, over the weekend, or during holidays.
Finally, STOPit is not intended to replace direct contact with school administration or counselors. Please feel free to directly contact CSHS staff with any issues or concerns you may have. We take your security seriously at CSHS and we will do everything we can to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. Together, we can help stop school crises before they happen!
Your school is your home away from home; help keep it safe by reporting potential threats. Remember: You Have the POWER and You Can Make a Difference!
How to Report Your Concern
- STOPit App - Secondary students can use the STOPit App to make a report by following these steps:
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play and use the access code CSHSdragons
- Click on your “STOPit” app.
- Make your report.
- The Report button can be used to anonymously submit a report consisting of text, image(s), and/or video(s) to contacts from the organization who can respond to the incident and get help to individuals in need. The Messenger button provides anonymous two-way communication between app users and organization administrators. Additionally, organizations may make text or call resources available to app users via the Get Help feature, and may also send notifications to all app users via the Notifications feature.
- Web-based Reporting - This reporting method is available for parents. To make a web-based report, follow these steps:
- Click on this link to make your report: CSHS STOPit
- Note: When using the online reporting system rather than the app, you will want to make note of the incident id and passcode. You will need these to follow up and receive a response. The browser will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Please keep in mind, STOPit is not an emergency response service. If you believe your call requires immediate police, fire, or paramedic response, call 9-1-1. STOPit does not provide counseling or clinical advice. If you feel you need this type of attention, please seek the assistance of a qualified clinical or medical professional.
Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas: 214-828-1000
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text “HOME” to 741741
District Informational Video (password: dragon1234)